Technical Information (Compass Theatre)
Out of service items
- We have currently one Strand Prelude PC out of service. As spare parts for Strand equipment are hard to come by, this lantern may be out of service for some time. Please accept our apologies, and we will do our best to rectify the matter as soon as possible.
- We currently have no smoke machines - both the DMX controlled smoke machine and the manual control smoke machine have now been taken out of service. We apologise for this possible inconvenience, and we can suggest suppliers of smoke machine hire if required
- Our Mini Disc Player has come to the end of it's serviceable life
We now have a Christie DHD800 digital data projector. Capable of HD images at full resolution of 1920 by 1080. The projector is twin lamped with an output of 8000 lumens at a contrast ratio of 7500:1. It is HDMI / DVI / VGA compatible.
HDMI input is provided from the Lighting/Control box located at the back of the auditorium at Compass for laptops / PC's etc, however for if you wish to run VGA or DVI to the projector, then you will need to bring your own cables.
The projector is capable of producing a full stage width image from the lighting bars above the auditorium, and with careful focussing of the stage lights, the projector can be used for the backdrops of your production. This was how the recently well received pantomimes were able to produce animated backdrops to the show.
The projector can also be used in conjunction with the 6.5m wide x 4m high projector screen that is situated on the audience side of the proscenium arch. Ideal for conference work, and cinema showings.
LASERS: Please be aware we have realised that we have omitted on the Technical Requirements Form (Section F) that lasers and laser lighting do require us to obtain licensing permission. If your show will involve the use of lasers in any form please inform us a minimum of 6 weeks prior to your show, so that we can gain the correct permissions.
GUNS (firearms) on stage
As a venue we (Compass Theatre) need to know about the use of any type of gun (firearm) on stage (toy guns included), the only exception is wooden props. The main reason for this is to establish if we (Compass Theatre) need to gain permission for the use of the gun (firearm).
- A gun (firearm) that is a plastic toy and is not to be used to fire anything (including the toy caps), we as the venue still need to be made aware of this, and make it clear on the technical return that it is a NON-FIRING toy; this will mean that we do not need specific permission to be granted.
- If the gun is going to be used to fire blanks, or toy caps then we (Compass Theatre) must know about this a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the show so that specific permission may be sought.
Technical Information Pack
Plans and schematics
- Lighting Plan Schematic.pdf
- Compass Stage Plan (scale 1:50).pdf
- Compass Auditorium Plan (scale 1:50).pdf
- Back stage plan.pdf
Other information and useful documentation
The pro-forma Risk Assessment is by no means comprehensive, but should give you starting points for what the type of thing we need you to risk assess for your show - please download the Risk Assessment Template, and fill it in accordingly to your shows activities.
For any show at the Winston Churchill Theatre, we need the Technical Requirements Form sent back to the Senior Technician no later than six weeks prior to your get-in date. This is to ensure that all licensing permissions are in place, and also to allow us to discuss any potential issues with you.
Please fill out the Compass Theatre Technical Form online.
If you need any further technical details please fill out the form below, and the Senior Technician will reply to your enquiry
Please fill out the below form for any information regarding technical enquiries
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form