Workers' Educational Association Ruislip and Uxbridge Branch
Courses at Compass Theatre starting in September 2013
The Ruislip and Uxbridge Branch hold all of its courses at the Compass. No qualifications or prior knowledge are required to attend any of the WEA courses and new students are always welcomed to the friendly classes.
The charges from September 2013 will be £158 for a 20 week course and £79 for a 10 week course, a rise of 20p per hour to £3.95 on last year’s course fees.
For persons on certain types of income related benefit the courses are free.
The first class of any course may be attended without obligation. So why not come along in September to the Compass Theatre and try your chosen courses for yourself?
- Philosophy: An Introduction to Indian Philosophy and Ethics - 10 sessions from 27 January 2014 on Mondays, 2pm to 4pm
- ICT: How to make the most of your Ipad - 5 sessions from 23 September 2013 on Mondays, 10.30am to 12.30pm
- Art History: The Influence of the Slade School in British Art - 20 sessions from 8 October 2013 on Tuesdays, 2pm to 4pm
- Current Affairs: What is Going On? - 20 sessions from 25 September 2013 on Wednesdays, 10.30am to 12.30pm
- Political History: The Road to War-The Late Victorian World - 20 sessions from 27 September 2013 on Fridays 10.30am to 12.30p
- Digital Photography and Photoshop - 20 sessions from 27 September 2013 on Fridays, 2pm to 4pm
In addition to the courses shown above two further events have been planned by the WEA Ruislip and Uxbridge Branch Committee; one at the Compass Theatre and the other at the Village Hall in Ickenham.
Caroline Field, Branch Chairman 01923 824922
Sheila Jones-Owen, Class Organiser 01895 633888
Registered Charity No 1112775